July 6, 2010

Dark Forest finished!






Hansel and Gretel's Dark Forest

Finished! Finally! It feels like this one took forever. I really like how the fading sky looks on the side view, though I'm not sure how easy it is to tell that the white beads around the treetops are stars! I hope that it's obvious. This one just looks so great on! I really want to make another similar one for myself now.

Next up will be Dracula, but I've started it twice now and disliked it both times. It's hard to straddle the line between wearable and hokey; Dracula-inspired and goth. I started one version with embroidered fangs, and while they looked like fangs, it also just looked silly. I also tried to embroider black scrollwork, but oh my! It didn't look right and it would have taken forever. I think it may just have to be the colors that are inspired by Dracula (blood red and black) and that the pattern is a bit masculine.

I've also got sketches of several other cuffs, but don't know which one is next on the list- I'm in the planning stages for Feejee Mermaid, Hephaestus, Rapunzel, Snow White and Medusa.

No comments:

Post a Comment