May 26, 2011

It's a Fabulous Rainbow Collar, Accidentally

     So I started my first collar. I wanted it to be fun and bright and lots of warm colors, because I tend to use cool colors and I wanted to branch out a bit. I wanted it to be kind of weighty and substantial and an interesting shape, and I thought I might wear it to a wedding with a solid color dress (I've got a purple one it might look good with!). Also, I had no real game plan on this one- I just started beading and did whatever felt best at the time. The current result of all of that is that I am now the proud beader of a particularly sassy-looking unfinished rainbow necklace. Rainbows are nice, but that was definitely not what I was going for. I'm still happy with it and I think it will still look good with my dress, but it just feels a little yikes when I look at it. Raaaaiiiiinbooowwwww! Maybe next time I will think up a color scheme first. It's just so hard to narrow it down! I LOVE ALL COLORS!!! Hear that, colors?! I can't say no to you.




     In other news, this month has been crazy. Life will continue to be crazy until July-ish. I will survive! It's been (and will be) birthdays and dog problems and weddings (and showers) and tornado warnings and graduations and housesitting. I'm excited for it to all be overrrrr. It has been fun, though, mostly; I feel like I've lived a few months worth of events all crammed into one. Zilla has a spinal injury, which is very not fun. We don't know what happened, but it will be a few weeks of no jumping, running, or being bowled over by Henry (all of those have still happened, just less than usual), accompanied by steroids and pain meds. If there's further damage, it could possibly mean surgery. The worst case is paralysis, so we cringe every time something happens. We spent a whole day earlier this week going to the e-vet and then the regular vet after a sleepless night. I cried a lot. She's our baby. So to keep her from jumping, we've been making big pallets on the floor and sitting with her down here at the coffee table. We also have to keep stuff on the furniture and keep the doors to the other rooms closed. I've been beading a lot and watching the X-Files. I like to tell my husband that the dogs and I love sci-fi and Lifetime movies, but the truth is they just sleep and fart the whole time. I know this is only barely bead-related, but it feels good to write it all down! Sorry, beading audience! At least I'm beading through the stress.

Lastly, I'll probably be incommunicado for a few weeks, but I'll think of you often and I will bead like crazy. Promise.

With lots of stressed-out love,
Lindsay.

3 comments:

  1. Your collar is amazing!!!! I think the colors are wonderful and can't wait to see it finished and a pic of you in your dress with it on your neck!! So sorry about your little dog!! I certainly know what it's like trying to keep the little one from jumping up and off of things! We still keep mandy off furniture when we're gone! I'm always afraid she'll get hurt while we're gone. Look forward to your finished piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, your collar is lovely. The colorfulness (is that a word?) of it is what makes it so beautiful. Sorry about your dog. You certainly do have alot on your plate right now. Wishing you the best,
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robbie! I finished the necklace today and will hopefully be able to update soon... although I leave for my two-week trip tomorrow. And it's been very difficult keeping Zilla calm and keeping her from jumping, especially now that she's not hurting so bad. I remember reading on your blog about Mandy having surgery, it hurt me just to skim it! Don't even want to think about it.

    And Debbie! Thank you too!! I will absolutely stand behind colorfulness as a word, and it's definitely a good word to describe this collar. I like it better now that it's finished. Maybe with all of the ultra-suede covered it's less... garish? I'll try to post pictures soon! And thank you very much for the good wishes. We need 'em!

    ReplyDelete